Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Lost audio output

stratosaurus
New User

Sep 8, 2013, 2:02 PM

Post #1 of 2 (909 views)
Shortcut
Lost audio output Can't Post

I've got a Coby TFTV4028 (40" LCD) which has a couple of problems, the most irritating of which is the fact that the Toslink audio output (the only option offered) is apparently not working correctly. I do get a visible red light in the Toslink cable, which I process through a Toslink-to-RCA processor in order to use an older HT receiver in my bedroom. I am not familiar with the light-fiber-audio circuitry.

Audio circuitry works -- the built-in speakers work fine, and the volume control works well, also.

I have tried two different Toslink-to-RCA adapters, one of which is brand-new, and neither provides an analog audio signal to the receiver. An MP3 player into the TV inputs works fine. Toslink-to-RCA adapter into any other input provides no audio. Hence my determination that the audio modulation for the Toslink out is defective.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2013, 12:41 AM

Post #2 of 2 (849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stratosaurus] Lost audio output [In reply to] Can't Post

2 possible solutions ...
1 -- The digital audio out feature may need to be turned on in the customer menu (might be several menus deep)
2 -- What are you using for a signal source to the TV? If you are using a digital cable box (or satellite receiver) you could connect the video line from there to the TV & connect the audio out line straight to your audio amp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Oct 5, 2013, 12:42 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)