Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Magnavox ms3250c121

tarheelbill
New User

Jul 8, 2010, 2:40 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1171 views)
Shortcut
Magnavox ms3250c121 Can't Post

hi everyone i have a magnavox ms3250 c121 tv with chassis# 32m800....the issue im having is the tv will turn on fine but picture will start to have what looks like "noise" in it and even sometimes changes or loses color....and then sometimes just has lines running diagonal....but then all of a sudden will just straighten right up and may not do that again for a few months....ive checked for cold solder joints so far but havent seen any, but i do feel like that may be the issue.....is there a certain item or items i need to be looking at and also is there anyone that has the full service manual for this tv and chassis that i could download....by the way sound is always fine so no issue there and i just wanna say ty to all that help Wink

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 8, 2010, 12:54 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tarheelbill] Magnavox ms3250c121 [In reply to] Can't Post

....ive checked for cold solder joints so far but havent seen any,

Let us know when you encounter the "perfect-looking" solder joint that upon reworking fixes the set.

https://www.samswebsite.com/...ails/index/id/213306

-------------------------

tarheelbill
New User

Dec 10, 2010, 5:37 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Magnavox ms3250c121 [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jts....im still having issues with this set. ive pulled the thing out so many times now and checked everything that i could think it is. maybe im discribing the issue wrong, ill try again. i just know i can turn the tv on and it will do fine for say a month and then all of a sudden you will get some horizontal lines appear in the center of picture. then the whole picture will get darker and more red, then it will straighten up for a few minutes and then right back to the darker picture. i also can tell you that when this happens the "aux" and "stereo" appear at top of screen each time, just like when you first turn on set. i wanna fix this thing if i can and if you have any suggestions as to where to start or if i need to maybe take a picture of the symptom, i just hope ive discribed it well enough and i appreciate your time. you have helped me in the past repair a few sets so im hoping i can at least succeed with my set. Smile

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 10, 2010, 1:08 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1068 views)
Shortcut

Intermittents are the hardest problem to work on. Pictures may or may not help.

tarheelbill
New User

Dec 11, 2010, 5:01 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Magnavox ms3250c121 [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jts....ty for responding....can i ask you what the symptom of a high voltage transformer would be? would it be a darker picture or would that be more a cap. that is leaking? im just trying to find the most reasonable thing to start with on this set. i know issues like this that come and go, are the toughest to diagnose, but im just at my wits end here or maybe im just impatient, lol. anyway ty for your help so far and hopefully we will figure this thing out....bill Wink

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 11, 2010, 9:33 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1059 views)
Shortcut

Flyback is most likely not causing this problem.

Whenever I have a strange problem, I first examine both sides of the main PC board carefully for any abnormalities, be that a burned part, a crack, a bad solder joint, etc.
Next I'd try monitoring some of the power sources. You say the OSD is like when the set is first turned on, I'd suggest the stand-by and b-plus to the system control (EEPROM/microprocessor).

A defective flyback usually causes a "Dead" set. If has G2 and focus controls built in, may cause changing Focus or brightness variations (but shouldn't cause your OSD to "reset").

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)