Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mits WD-65732 blackout?

Scott2
New User

Feb 2, 2010, 4:03 AM

Post #1 of 4 (814 views)
Shortcut
Mits WD-65732 blackout? Can't Post

My 65" DLP is blacking out - a lot! While watching it the picture just goes black a second or two at a time. Usually the sound is still there and when I back up and replay the DVR the picture and sound are there - so the signal is good, but it appears the TV picture is dropping.
The set is about three years old and we replaced the lamp at about 17 months. When that happened it faded badly but never winked out like it is now. I am using Verizon FIOS with a DVR, a Yamaha theatre box, and HDMI cables. I rerouted the HDMI straight from the DVR and skipped the receiver to see if that changed anything and it did not.

Is this likely a lamp? I understand there is also some sort of lamp controller board (maybe not the right name) that can go bad as well? How do I know if that is bad and can I replace it myself?

Thanks!
Scott

FUXER
User

Feb 3, 2010, 8:59 AM

Post #2 of 4 (806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scott2] Mits WD-65732 blackout? [In reply to] Can't Post

Your prob could be as simple as video drop-out from faulty/misaligned antenna or mistuning or faulty cable/connections- please confirm these 1st.

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 3, 2010, 4:43 PM

Post #3 of 4 (804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scott2] Mits WD-65732 blackout? [In reply to] Can't Post

That leaves the TV & the DVR / box as suspect.

Try a stand alone DVD player on a DIFFERENT set of TV's input jacks.Wink

FUXER:

...when I back up and replay the DVR the picture and sound are there - so the signal is good...

Signal is obviously getting to the DVR portion of his box.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Feb 3, 2010, 4:45 PM)

FUXER
User

Feb 4, 2010, 8:56 AM

Post #4 of 4 (793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Mits WD-65732 blackout? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have learnt long ago never to trust any owner report- the quick answer I gave will sort out the usual basic probs- then if they are ok can go further.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)