Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsu CS-3505

jpete
New User

Sep 29, 2005, 10:55 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1556 views)
Shortcut
Mitsu CS-3505 Can't Post

Hope you all can help. I have a Mitsubishi CS-3505 that I bought used from a "repair shop" that turns out not to know how to repair anythingMad

There are 2 problems that may or may not be related.

1)The screen often loses it's vertical hold(?) so that the picture appears "letterboxed" I can usually "fix" the problem by turning the TV off until I hear a click, like a relay or something. Then if I turn it back on, the picture is normal. Usually, but not always.

and 2)The screen goes black but has a rainbow "halo" effect. The best I can describe it is if you've ever pressed on the LCD of a calculator, it looks like that.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

rrobor
Veteran

Sep 30, 2005, 12:40 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jpete] Mitsu CS-3505 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like it has a faulty connection on the vertical chip and a short in the tube. Perhaps the repair shop knew slightly more than you.

jpete
New User

Sep 30, 2005, 2:51 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1549 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Mitsu CS-3505 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Perhaps the repair shop knew slightly more than you.

I'm quite certain they know more than me but I lugged that monster back to them, left it for a week and they told me thay "fixed" it. What I now know is they are liars that may or may not know how to repair TV's.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Jeff

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 1, 2005, 10:56 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jpete] Mitsu CS-3505 [In reply to] Can't Post

My point was quite simply you have been had, if the tube is faulty the set is land fill, they sold you a pup. Learn that very cheap deals from professionals should be viewed with caution, you think they dont know their trade, they saw you as a mug.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)