Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsu WS-65315

vaeevictiss
New User

Oct 30, 2008, 7:24 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1270 views)
Shortcut
Mitsu WS-65315 Can't Post

So a couple months ago, i started to get...for lack of a better description..."purple snow" on the far right side of the screen. It was not much, and nothing that made it unwatchable. Most of the time after watching it a while you wouldnt notice it. over the past month you would turn it on, and it would take considerably longer for the actual picture to show.
Last night was apparently the final straw. I turned on the TV, the green light lit for about 2 seconds, then shut off. I took the front panel out and put my head next to the opening by the lamps, and turned it on. I heard the main realy click on, followed by faint clicks from somewhere else, then the main relay would click back off.
I did the diagnostic and got an error code "22". I have searched all over for info on this, and all i have found was it is a short protection code. Nothing more and this really gets me nowhere, and i dont know where to look from this point.
I have called mitsubishi and they told me that i would have to go thru where i bought the TV. I called best buy and spoke with their parts ordering people, and they said they cannot get any internal mitsubishi parts. Leaving me stuck again.
I am out in the country so for me to take the tv to a repair place, or for someone to come fix it would be a big hassle. If i could get the parts im fairly certain i can replace it myself even if it is down to the component soldering level.

I appreciate any further help or info than i have already

Thank You

slinteriors
User

Nov 2, 2008, 3:29 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vaeevictiss] Mitsu WS-65315 [In reply to] Can't Post

Check the two green pico fuses located on the center board F9A04 and F9A05 if either one of those twp pico dont have continuity it means the convergence ICs have shorted, and the ICs and both picos will need replacement, and you can get any parts you need and free tech support at the following link, they can even help you locate the picos if you need help. heres the link, you can leave them a email and they will respond.
http://servicemanuals.vstore.ca/

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)