Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsubishi CK-3530R

Geep
New User

Apr 17, 2006, 8:02 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi CK-3530R Can't Post

Yes, I know this is an 'older' TV, but until recently worked perfectly. Problem is when I turn it on using the remote, I hear the 'pronounced click' then it clicks again......in other words, it does not actually turn on the first time. I have to press the remote several times (3,4,5) and it comes on and stays on. Now if it has been on for a while and I turn it off and then back on, say in 10-15 minutes, NO problem.........turns right on!!

Obviously a problem with the on/off switch.......since this is a large 'cabinet' TV, taking the entire TV to the repair shop is not practical. So.........if I knew the part OR the area the part was in, I could take it to the TV repair shop and maybe, just maybe they could service it...........maybe!!

I live in North Atlanta (Alpharetta) and know of one TV repair shop that specializes on Mitsubishi TV's........maybe they can help, but I would really like to walk in with the part(s) vs having them make a service call. Otherwise the TV works perfectly and has been great. One day (hopefully not soon) it will be replaced, but not just yet.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED......THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!

George

mel
Veteran

Apr 18, 2006, 9:40 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geep] Mitsubishi CK-3530R [In reply to] Can't Post

If it clicks, the problem is not the on/off switch. In that model, it is common for two resistors in the power supply to change value so that they become marginal in allowing the set to start up. I do not have the schematic so I don't know their designation but I believe that they are 1.3 and 1.4 ohm 2 or 3 watt resistors which are located about the middle right side of the left hand board. Seems like I remamber R608 and R609 but I'm not sure. The board around them will probably be heat discolores and the solder joints will probably crystalized. I usually replace the with 1.5 ohm 5 watt resistors

(This post was edited by mel on Apr 18, 2006, 9:41 PM)

Geep
New User

Apr 19, 2006, 3:24 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Mitsubishi CK-3530R [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the follow up to my question. Before I received YOUR reply, I checked with 2 different TV repair shops and basically got the following answer from both>>>>>>There are about 20-25 capacitors in the TV that needs replacing. Not just a few in the 'tuner'. Cost quoted was about $500. I said forget it for a 16 year old TV,,,,,,,,but it still works perfectly except for the problem of NOT turning on properly.

If you think I can 'get by' with replacing the two resistors (vs capacitors) you mentioned, it certainly would be worth the try. Can you give me any more details? Here is my e-mail address: GeoPra@aol.com. Maybe we can speak in person via telephone for additional details. Thanks again for taking the time to respond. I do appreciate it.

mel
Veteran

Apr 19, 2006, 11:34 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geep] Mitsubishi CK-3530R [In reply to] Can't Post

It could also be a bad capacitor but they should be able to ESR the caps and determine which (if any) are bad and replace those rather that shotgunning and replacing all that they might suspect. I had borrowed the tech package from a friend in another city for the three that I have worked on to date and it would be to much trouble to get them again just on an advisory basis.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)