Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
No Picture

ca443
New User

Jul 5, 2008, 9:28 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1146 views)
Shortcut
No Picture Can't Post

I have a friend who's picture just died on a 32 inch Toshiba. The model number is 32AFX61. The screen is blank. Are there any known issues with this model?
Thanks,

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 6, 2008, 1:53 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ca443] No Picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you be more specific? Does it try to start then shut down, does the power light blink, does the relay click? These sets are very common for cold solder joints, try pressing on the circuit board with a insulated non metal object such as a plastic knitting needle or wooden spoon etc while try to start the set: sometimes if it's cold solder this will cause it to turn on momentarily -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

ca443
New User

Jul 7, 2008, 1:32 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] No Picture [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a slight hum when it has power but no picture. My friend did take it to a repair shop, and the repair shop said that it was the master transformer, and that the transformer was no longer made by Toshiba. They said there was a guy that makes them, but that the picture quality would never be the same again. It just didn't seem real accurate, so I thought I would see if there are other issues known with this TV.

techchris
Veteran

Jul 7, 2008, 5:45 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1122 views)
Shortcut

that sounds like a crock to me, check for bad solder connexions first.

mel
Veteran

Jul 7, 2008, 7:54 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1118 views)
Shortcut

Assuming that the "master transformer" is the flyback transformer, Andrews Electronics (www.andrewselectronics.com) has them in stock for about $35. As for using a gereric affecting the quality of the picture, that is a crock. Before you change the flyback, however, I would more suspect the horizontal output transistor as being bad.

ca443
New User

Jul 8, 2008, 8:29 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] No Picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a good way to check the transformers?

mel
Veteran

Jul 8, 2008, 9:26 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1103 views)
Shortcut

Not without the proper test equipment.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)