Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
No Red

thetailwind
New User

Feb 2, 2008, 2:17 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1511 views)
Shortcut
No Red Can't Post

I have an RCA proscan. It has no red now. Before it went totally out, it would flicker red and then no red(as part as the picture RBG). Any show I watch only has Blue and Green. Sometimes the red will come back in. When the red would go in and out, it was a quick series of flickers of red and no red. The sound would also hiss and pop when this happens. What do you think the problem is?

thetailwind
New User

Feb 3, 2008, 7:57 AM

Post #2 of 10 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thetailwind] No Red [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone Has to know. Bump

cademan
New User

Feb 3, 2008, 10:56 AM

Post #3 of 10 (1500 views)
Shortcut

Don't quote me on this but I'm just trying to give you some friendly advice and be helpful. I've never seen your TV or the schematic but I would be willing to bet it would be the red transistor on the little circuit board that plugs into the picture tube. And possibly the associated resistor. On my TV, the red, green and blue transistors are the same part number.

thetailwind
New User

Feb 3, 2008, 4:39 PM

Post #4 of 10 (1496 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cademan] No Red [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you think they need to be replaced or resoldered? For a while I had red but it would just go our occasionally. Now it is our and it comes in occasionally.

shadetree
Veteran

Feb 3, 2008, 8:28 PM

Post #5 of 10 (1492 views)
Shortcut

we need to know if this is a projection or a regular picture tube tv we need the model no. and ctc no. before we can help

thetailwind
New User

Feb 4, 2008, 12:15 AM

Post #6 of 10 (1485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] No Red [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a tube.
Model Number PS34190
RCA ProScan

shadetree
Veteran

Feb 4, 2008, 3:19 AM

Post #7 of 10 (1477 views)
Shortcut

make sure the module on back of the picture tube is plugged in good and ck it for bad solder connections

thetailwind
New User

Feb 4, 2008, 5:57 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1474 views)
Shortcut

Do you know a link to proper discharge techniques that are clear to new people so that I don't die while doing this. Also, what is a reliable ground that can be found in a room?

shadetree
Veteran

Feb 4, 2008, 4:54 PM

Post #9 of 10 (1468 views)
Shortcut

as long as the tv is unpluged and you don't mess with the anode plug which is nowhere near the picture tube module you have nothing to worry about however if you are unsure it would be best to call a repair service

thetailwind
New User

Feb 5, 2008, 12:47 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1461 views)
Shortcut

Sounds good. I will wear rubber gloves anyway. I am a big DIY person because I have no $$. I have not died so far or even been injured further than bloody knuckles. So I don't plan to stop now.

(This post was edited by thetailwind on Feb 5, 2008, 6:21 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)