Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Old Mitsubishi VS-50vf2

jr_2431
New User

May 7, 2010, 7:29 PM

Post #1 of 10 (1558 views)
Shortcut
Old Mitsubishi VS-50vf2 Can't Post

Hey, I came across an Old Mitsubishi VS-50vf2 and for some reason it starts up like a normal old tv with the "Static" sound to it and you can hear all the audio but there is no picture what so ever! it sounds like its about to kick in and turn on but doest show any images. the screen is just blank! any ideas or any other questions just ask thanks for the help!

Repair man
Enthusiast

May 14, 2010, 7:59 PM

Post #2 of 10 (1544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jr_2431] Old Mitsubishi VS-50vf2 [In reply to] Can't Post

It's probably just the vertical IC and a couple of capacitors right near this IC. Often the caps will change in value over time due to normal stress and in turn causing the vertical IC to fail.

These sets will loose there video if the is no vertical present.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

jr_2431
New User

Sep 21, 2010, 5:14 PM

Post #3 of 10 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Old Mitsubishi VS-50vf2 [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually found what was wrong with it, I don't know if you can see this in this image but there is 2 blown resisters circled in red and my new problem is trying to figure out what size they are! I cant find a schematic either for the thing. I tried getting a hold of Mitsubishi and they don't carry the manual anymore! Any Ideas let me know!

darstr
User

Sep 21, 2010, 8:49 PM

Post #4 of 10 (1459 views)
Shortcut

Crazy Compare the colored rings on the resistor with new ones. The colored rings tell you your value, so just match them up.

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 21, 2010, 11:25 PM

Post #5 of 10 (1457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darstr] Old Mitsubishi VS-50vf2 [In reply to] Can't Post

How to do that with a cylinder of black charcoal? Of coarse the physical size can tell you the power rating.

-------------------------

Repair man
Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2010, 2:00 AM

Post #6 of 10 (1455 views)
Shortcut

Give me the part number on the board for the resistors and I'll snoop around to see what I can come up with. There should be a number that starts with the letter 'R' (as an example: R503)

I have a Mits big screen in the shop right now (not sure if it is the same chassis or not but I can have a look) -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

jr_2431
New User

Sep 22, 2010, 6:03 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Old Mitsubishi VS-50vf2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, see thats the problem the resistors look like charcole and there is black crap all over around the board were the burnt out resistors are so I really can't find out what the part numbers are! its irritating, But you can tell by the size? how does that work? I have a bunch of resistors I could use to replace them but all mine are the same size just differently color coded like most are. I can take a look at the board and see if maybe all the resistors of similiar size are the same and make sure they match? Maybe that will help I'm not sure, but it looks like they are all color coded as well!

(This post was edited by jr_2431 on Sep 22, 2010, 6:17 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 22, 2010, 8:38 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1438 views)
Shortcut

Physical size relates to the power a resistor can dissipate, NOT its value. Half watt, 1 watt, etc.Cool

How about the rear side of the PCB? Is the location number legible / there?

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Sep 22, 2010, 8:39 PM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2010, 5:24 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1423 views)
Shortcut

I'll be at my shop on Friday, I'll try to make time to check the chassis I have to see if it is the same as yours, if so I'll get you the proper value.

Don't just stick any resistor in that is the same physical size, it also has to be the proper value (the color code has to be the same)

Learn Plasma TV Repair

jr_2431
New User

Sep 23, 2010, 6:49 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Old Mitsubishi VS-50vf2 [In reply to] Can't Post

It's easily read anywhere except for the area around the two or three resistors that are fried. Also sorry I know some about resistors and circuits, but for the most part I'm relatively new to it due to the fact that I only just started into my degree as a electronics engineer and still have quite a ways to go! So some of this is still new to me. Thanks everyone so far for the help! Hopefully you got something close to what I have repair man!

(This post was edited by jr_2431 on Sep 23, 2010, 6:51 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)