Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Olevia lt37hve problem

Anguis89
New User

Jun 22, 2008, 8:58 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1782 views)
Shortcut
Olevia lt37hve problem Can't Post

Okay heres the story, came across this tv, the power cord had been chewed by a dog and it stopped working. Looking at it further when you first plug it into power the Olevia symbol turns blue indicating power. Press the power button, the backlight kicks on, the blue indicator goes out, and it stays at a black screen with no other signs of life. Took the back off, all the boards look okay, no swollen caps or burns or anything. Power supply tests out okay. Any ideas what could be going on or where i could go from here as far as troubleshooting it?

iskor12
New User

Jun 23, 2008, 4:27 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anguis89] Olevia lt37hve problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not sure what is wrong with it, but I too have an Olevia. When you first turn it on, it should load up a white screen with their symbol on it. After that it should turn black and then it should display normally depending upon what your input is on.
The light on the power switch is supposed to turn off when you turn the tv on. That is normal.
Olevia is known for being a fairly priced, decent quality tv. All of Olevia's tv's do run slow on boot up and also through out the menu.

Buy a service manual.

(This post was edited by iskor12 on Jun 24, 2008, 3:07 PM)

371me
New User

Dec 4, 2009, 12:21 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anguis89] Olevia lt37hve problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I had an OLEVIA 237-T12, The screen damaged in shipping. &lt;br&gt;It seams I noticed a reset hole in the back bottom somewhere. &lt;br&gt;It might fix your problem. &lt;br&gt;If not, I still have all the boards, Will sell them for$75.00+Shipping. &lt;br&gt; <br>

(This post was edited by 371me on Dec 4, 2009, 12:57 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)