Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Orion 32DUAT7800

davo
New User

Sep 18, 2006, 12:20 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Orion 32DUAT7800 Can't Post

Anyone come accross one of these with an illusive no picture or sound or OSD.
The power supply voltages and horizontal are all working but no RGB present at neck PCB.
The original fault was an arcing EHT replaced. Hasa anyone had damage to video IC from a bad EHT arc on these sets?

techchris
Veteran

Sep 18, 2006, 1:20 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davo] Orion 32DUAT7800 [In reply to] Can't Post

if you turn up the screen A1 volts you should see a blank white screen. as you cant see the menu or I assume text then its probably not the video processor as the OSD is generated in the micrprocessor and fed to the video out ic's on the crt base. it may be corrupted nvm options,but thats only a guess as other checks need to be done. can you feed a signal into the a/v sockets and see anything?

davo
New User

Sep 20, 2006, 1:07 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Orion 32DUAT7800 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Chris If you turn up the screen you do see retrace lines but the picture is quite dark. I was thinking earom as this can happen in Loewe's. The Australian Orion agents disagree though. I tried removing it and switching on expecting to see a raster but I got the same effect so maybe it is OK. I think I will next look at beam current limiting and cut off cct, also 100Hz board. Its a time waster this one!!!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)