Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
PHILLIPS Blown fuse

Ronzoni007
New User

Nov 27, 2005, 6:49 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1417 views)
Shortcut
PHILLIPS Blown fuse Can't Post

I have a phillips tv Model 27pt6442/37 27'' inch tv . It was working perfectly great picture and everything. Then I went to turn it on today and nothing it would not turn on. I took the back off and the fuse is blown. I went to Radio Shack and got two new fuses and installed one ( knowing it would blow) and sure enuff it did. Now I am at a loss. I have in the back of my mind it may be the flyback transformer but how does one check. Or is it the HV section. Please give me an idea of where to check next. I have recently fixed my big screen tv that had a focus problem and know a little about what i am doing.

Thanks for any help you might offer

Thanks Ronzoni007

mel
Veteran

Nov 28, 2005, 12:12 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ronzoni007] PHILLIPS Blown fuse [In reply to] Can't Post

Philips flybacks are usually pretty reliable so I would more suspect that the horizontal output transistor (HOT) is shorted or the problem is in the primary power supply. In circuit, you will see a very low resistance between the emitter and base of the HOT and a front to back ratio resistance between the collector and base and emitter and base. If the HOT is good, I would look for a short in the promary power supply.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)