Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
PLEASE HELP!!

grantguinane
New User

Jun 11, 2009, 7:42 PM

Post #1 of 6 (921 views)
Shortcut
PLEASE HELP!! Can't Post

I recently purchased a 1981 RCA PFR100-- its a front projection model and I doubt anybody knows what I'm talking about here, but I need help bad. I can turn the tv on and get audio, but more times than not the CRT lamps or projector bulbs will not project a picture. When they do project a picture it looks fine, the problem is getting the picture to show up.

If anybody knows anything about these TV'S i would REALLLY APPRECIATE some help here!!!

Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 11, 2009, 9:14 PM

Post #2 of 6 (916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grantguinane] PLEASE HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Should've waited until they put it by the curb.Smile

-------------------------

ivtec
User

Jun 11, 2009, 9:25 PM

Post #3 of 6 (914 views)
Shortcut

Is that the chassis #?i don't know any 1981 chassis with that #! your fault maybe cause by a bad solder connection or bad Cap somewhere in the power Supply.you could grab a soldering tool and resolder all over the power supply.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 12, 2009, 3:22 AM

Post #4 of 6 (909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivtec] PLEASE HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

See:
http://www.cedmagic.com/home/pfr100.html

-------------------------

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2009, 10:32 PM

Post #5 of 6 (877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] PLEASE HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

We kinda have a saying in the Tv repair biz,,, It goes somthing like this,,, Tv's age like cats, 7 or 8 years to our 1. So your set is acting like a 28 year old cat or a 196 year old man. There are many things that fail with age, in Tv sets the most common are capacitors, these dry up and change value and then throw voltages off. at 28 years you will have about a bazzilion of these. Once you start changing them and voltages start changing other componets that were stress out will now fail. Then after a year of changing parts you will finaly give up. that when you find out you put a couple hundred buck in a set you never should have atepted in the first place. Best advise is to wheel it back to the curb
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2009, 11:39 PM

Post #6 of 6 (872 views)
Shortcut

You say you purchased, are you eligible for a refund ? If you are, I would take it!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)