Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
PLZ HELP!!!

bkzxclusive
New User

Jul 29, 2009, 7:22 AM

Post #1 of 4 (849 views)
Shortcut
PLZ HELP!!! Can't Post

Watsup guys, newbie here, dont know anything about tvs, my sister gave me her Sony Bravia KDL-40v130 since it got messed up, so she let me have it to fix it for myself. The Tv powers on and the green light goes on for a second, then goes to standby and blinks the red led 6 times. What can this problem be and how do i fix it.

THANX!!!

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2009, 7:35 PM

Post #2 of 4 (839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bkzxclusive] PLZ HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

The first place to look would be in the power supply section for bad capacitors; it may be obvious and you might see them bulging on top, if not you will need a meter to check them. -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

rrobor
Veteran

Jul 30, 2009, 1:48 AM

Post #3 of 4 (830 views)
Shortcut

You need the blink code for that set, 6 could be the vertical but thats a guess. So try hunting for that code on the web. Caps in a Sony PSU is rare till they are old.

tscheucher
User

Jul 31, 2009, 11:51 AM

Post #4 of 4 (818 views)
Shortcut

Hi!
>newbie here, dont know anything about tvs< --> No good statement for posting in a tv repair forum; but I know what you mean...
Errorcode "6 blinks" means malfunction of the backlight inverter board --> That could be:
- A defective SMD fuse on the inverter board
- One (or more) defective SMD transformers or shortened transformer driver mosfets on the board
- Bad CCFL - lamps, which cause the inverter to stop working
or probably, as it was already said, some bad "swelled" electrolytic capacitors in the PSU (power supply unit) - Over current protection was triggered.
regards
Thomas

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)