Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic 36" Tau

joeldonal
New User

Apr 12, 2006, 7:04 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1815 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic 36" Tau Can't Post

I just got a Panasonic 36" Tau second hand. Everything works great except for one problem. It's as if the picture is to big for the screen. The top, bottom and sides of the picture get cut off. I've also noticed the sides of the picture some what curve from top to bottom. For example, if there is a graphic of a square on the screen the sides of the square curve in some. I've tried everything from using the options on the tv to calling Panasonic. Nothing has worked. Any ideas?

techchris
Veteran

Apr 13, 2006, 1:20 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joeldonal] Panasonic 36" Tau [In reply to] Can't Post

does the picture aspect ratio button work? if not then you probably have a faulty nvm chip. otherwise it maybe someone has tweaked all the adjustments in the service menu which all need resetting.

joeldonal
New User

Apr 13, 2006, 2:50 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic 36" Tau [In reply to] Can't Post

I've checked the remote manual and called Pansonic and from what I can tell there is not an aspect ratio option. If I was to order the service manual would I be able to replace the NVM chip myself or should I take it in to a service center. If I do take it in to a service center do you know how much this would cost me.

techchris
Veteran

Apr 13, 2006, 4:14 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joeldonal] Panasonic 36" Tau [In reply to] Can't Post

if the tv is a widescreen you should be able to switch pic size to 4:3 or zoom. I dont advise changing the nvm unless you are 100% sure it is faulty. first i would ask your local panasonic dealer how to access the service mode and look for height and width adjustments and see if these work. the cost of a nvm is only about £25GB but if is not preprogrammed then you have a major job getting it all set up again as this chip holds all settings for the tv.also its possible that the fault lies elsewhere in the set so my advice is try the service menu adjustments first.if they dont work get professional help

joeldonal
New User

Apr 13, 2006, 4:21 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic 36" Tau [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the advise. I really appreciate it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)