Panasonic CT-34wx52

tech by trade
New User

Nov 17, 2005, 1:32 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1399 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic CT-34wx52 Can't Post

Hello all,

Im new to the forums and am hoping to add to the forms as well as get a little help from the members.

First a little of my background. I finished an electronics service technician program a few years back. Most of the last year of the course was based on television repair, So for the most part I know my way around the inside of a TV. For the last couple years I have been working for a company that designs and makes components for high speed internet and telecomunications systems. This means its been a while since ive been able to poke around in a television.

So on to my first question

3 years back i bought my self a panasonic CT-34wx52 televison. After getting the inital bugs worked out (had to take it in and have the purity adjusted) it has been working great untill last week. It developed a high piched squeel, which i thought was the flyback. after pulling off the back and listening a little closer, it seems the noise was coming from a pot (at least i think it was a pot) on the upper left side of the yolk. After turning the pot and turning it back the squeel was gone, and hasn't returned. My question is, what is this pot for. It must be connected to the flyback some how, due to the noise, but i cant remember seeing anything like it in the past on any other tele's. unless it was on all of them and ive just been out of the loop for too long. any info would be great. thanks in advanceUnimpressed

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 18, 2005, 9:45 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tech by trade] Panasonic CT-34wx52 [In reply to] Can't Post

If its on the yoke its a little metal pot of a few ohms used for scan correction. It will not whistle but the yoke may and just by the slight adjustment you have shifted it off its happy harmonic. A few yokes have been known to whistle and the cure was to laquer them. We used to have a can of estapol to dip them in, leave them for 10 mins then hang them to drip the excess. That worked great as long as you marked the position of all the fittings before you remove the yoke otherwise its a complete set up.

bustbuycaTV
New User

Nov 20, 2005, 3:09 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Panasonic CT-34wx52 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Could you please tell me what's the ESTAPOL?

THANKS

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 20, 2005, 5:51 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bustbuycaTV] Panasonic CT-34wx52 [In reply to] Can't Post

Estapol is a clear laquer used on wood it replaced the good old varnish, you can paint the yoke by puting the set on its face but the best method was dipping to allow all the cracks to fill. Leave it off for a week and even then it stinks a bit of new paint. Note we did this in a manufacturers workshop, so if you think its crude, one of the major manufacturers used this on a series of singing yokes.

bustbuycaTV
New User

Nov 21, 2005, 2:53 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Panasonic CT-34wx52 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for answering.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)