Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic CT-36SC13-1G shutdown

jscomputer
New User

Jun 6, 2007, 1:30 AM

Post #1 of 6 (976 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic CT-36SC13-1G shutdown Can't Post

I have a Panasonic CT-36SC13-1G that will come on for a couple of seconds and then it will shutdown. It happens a little bit after the degauss relay is activated. I unplugged the degauss coil and it will still shutdown. The HOT that was originally in there was shorted and I replaced that which did not help. The new HOT is still good the last time I checked after trying to turn the set multiple times. I tried putting a 100W bulb in series with the power from the outlet and it gets really bright right before it shuts off. I don't know where to go from here. I have the service manual if that will help.

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 6, 2007, 10:11 AM

Post #2 of 6 (969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jscomputer] Panasonic CT-36SC13-1G shutdown [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you a meter, if so what is the reading on ohms from the collector of the HOP to chassis. Take the transistor out does your lamp glow.

jscomputer
New User

Jun 7, 2007, 3:10 AM

Post #3 of 6 (957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Panasonic CT-36SC13-1G shutdown [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, the lamp glows when I pull the hot out (the hot is shorted again by the way). As for the ohms from collector to chassis, it keeps changing somewhere in the kohm range. Where is a good point to measure from for the chassis?

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 7, 2007, 7:05 AM

Post #4 of 6 (953 views)
Shortcut

you have to tink what you are telling me here, as this does not make sense. If you take the horizontal output transistor out, your set draws enough current to light a lamp, yet if you refit the horizontal the set can produce enough to blow the transistor, that is not so.

jscomputer
New User

Jun 7, 2007, 2:29 PM

Post #5 of 6 (949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Panasonic CT-36SC13-1G shutdown [In reply to] Can't Post

The lamp does the same thing with the horizontal output transistor out as it does when it is in. It will glow slightly, pulsing a little, then at most two seconds after the degauss relay is switched, then lamp will go to full brightness and the set will shutdown (this is without the degauss coil plugged in, same thing happens with degauss plugged in except the set shuts down sooner).

jscomputer
New User

Jun 8, 2007, 12:18 PM

Post #6 of 6 (933 views)
Shortcut

Let us assume that the HOT is still good. What would be the next step?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)