Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic PT-51G44A

imbassman
New User

Aug 6, 2006, 8:01 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2593 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic PT-51G44A Can't Post

My Next door Neighbor Gave me a Panasonic TV model PT-51G44A.
1. Where is the best place to get a service manual.
2. The plastic screen has something on it. Looks like something was set on top of tv and spilled on. Mainly dots. What is the best cleaning method.
3. The picture is a little dark. I did adjust the brightness that help But I believe it may be a bigger problem starting.
4. the biggest problem is the picture changes. looks like it zooms in and out. OR it will flicker. Mostly on the horizontal plane. This happens when the the camera angle changes and at the beginning of a commercial(then it settles down). It is more pronounced if there is a great amount white in the picture or a great amount text.
Thank you in advance for any direction. (yes I am a technician but have not done much TV repair)

techchris
Veteran

Aug 6, 2006, 8:11 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [imbassman] Panasonic PT-51G44A [In reply to] Can't Post

clean the screen with a damp cloth. the screen jumps sizes probably because you have it set on auto format. switch it to panoramic or 16:9 whatever its called and this should stop the size changing.

(This post was edited by techchris on Aug 6, 2006, 8:11 PM)

imbassman
New User

Aug 6, 2006, 8:18 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic PT-51G44A [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the information. Does not look as if I can change the aspect Ratio. I am looking for the owners manual now to double check.

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2006, 10:30 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2584 views)
Shortcut

Sounds as if you have multiple problems, and you hauled off your neighbor's garbage!

imbassman
New User

Aug 6, 2006, 11:45 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] Panasonic PT-51G44A [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Sounds as if you have multiple problems, and you hauled off your neighbor's garbage!

Why is it people cannot be constructive. No I did not haul it off my neighbor's garbage. They asked if I may want it and try to fix it. This way it does not end up in a landfill screwing up the enviornment. As you can see my first question was where might i get a service manual. Not withstanding a cost factor just because there may be more than one problem does not make it unfixable. Tongue

docdave
New User

Aug 11, 2006, 12:00 AM

Post #6 of 6 (2565 views)
Shortcut

hey good for you. i looked for your print don't have it . try calling a place called tritronics for your print or ask them for help getting one ps MY BUDDY IN A NOTHER SHOP IS A PAN WARRENTY DEALER WHO CALLS ME ALL THE TIME FOR HELP DROP ME AN EMAIL
I"LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO
DOC

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)