Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic PT-51HX40C smoked

jimsi
New User

Jan 15, 2006, 5:26 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2262 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic PT-51HX40C smoked Can't Post

My projection tv burnt out varistor C555 which flamed and burnt a hole in the assembly board A (part TNPH0366). Does anyone know if I order a new board that all the components that are soldered on come with it(the price I'ce found online is about $270)? Also what would cause this problem and should other components be checked out?

(This post was edited by jimsi on Jan 24, 2006, 6:11 AM)

jimsi
New User

Jan 24, 2006, 6:13 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimsi] Panasonic PT-51HX40C smoked [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone know where I can get panasonic parts in North America for a decent price? The board is listed as $430 in Canada if they can find the part.

bribal
New User

Aug 9, 2006, 10:48 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimsi] Panasonic PT-51HX40C smoked [In reply to] Can't Post

I had the same problem with my panasonic. Lost picture, smoked, found C555 burnt on PCB TNPH0366. I had a hard time finding schematics. The part could not be identified due to the damage. I called panasonic tech support with my info. Their phone number is 800-833-9626 if you have any more questions for them they're pretty good but it takes a few days for a response. The part number for that capacitor is ECKD3D122JB. I'm going to try and replace this component first as it only cost .90c. As opposed to the whole circuit board which I saw the cheapest price of $212. Good luck, I hope this helped.

jimsi
New User

Aug 9, 2006, 2:27 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bribal] Panasonic PT-51HX40C smoked [In reply to] Can't Post

The store that I bought the TV from stepped up for me with Panasonic and ended up getting me a new lcd projection tv to replace the old unit...now that's customer service.Cool
In my case the board burnt\melted to the point of no repair....hope things work out for you.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)