Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic TH-50PX500U Plasma

PBJ
New User

Jun 30, 2014, 12:04 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1106 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TH-50PX500U Plasma Can't Post

I have a Panasonic Viera with vertical lines on the screen. The TV still has a picture but has red and green lines as well. I have a photo of what it looks like but not sure how to post. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

flyatyou66
User

Jun 30, 2014, 7:35 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PBJ] Panasonic TH-50PX500U Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

Lots of boards involved. Your (pb-power board), (sc-y-sus board)- ,( ss-z-sus) or su,sd-- upper lower buffers, c1 to c6 upper- lower data drivers.
Free service schematic at Elektrotanya
Check the power board for buldged or leaky capacitors.
We will have to first see if the power board is producing the right voltage. Obtain a schematic and a multmeter to check voltages on psu.if good, check the voltage on sc and ss board from psu.If thats good-
Quick test- touch the heat sinks on the sc board and ss board to see if the are warm or hot. (The tv has to be on, watch for high voltage on these lines.Don't ground yourself) Use just 1 finger and touch the heat sink. Some heat sinks can carry high voltage. The sc has to work to supply proper voltage to ss and c1,c2, c3, c4, c5, c6 boards.I think the sc is not providing the proper voltage to your data drivers. ( c1 to c6 ).Let me know what you find, then we will move on to next step.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)