Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic TVs

Wiz
User

Oct 3, 2005, 10:35 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1284 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TVs Can't Post

Is there a common problem with panasonic TVs, that causes them to not have any power apart from the display on the front. From what I have concluded the STR54041 seems to be the fault. (Two panasonics that I have come across both have no power, First one makes a screaching noise from the drive transformer. second one starts up briefly, and then goes off) I have tried interchanging the STR but there was no sucess with this. Before I buy at least 1 new STR, is there anyway of checking this component? and what could have caused it to fail?

(This post was edited by TheOW on Oct 3, 2005, 11:02 PM)

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 4, 2005, 11:05 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheOW] Panasonic TVs [In reply to] Can't Post

Some read short on 2 pins, most dont. But if you have an ESR meter you will find the usual cause of STR failure is dried out electros around it so replace all the small stuff or the job will bounce.

Wiz
User

Oct 4, 2005, 5:16 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Panasonic TVs [In reply to] Can't Post

one of them reads short on pins 2-3 and 2-4 one way round but not the other. and this one makes the drive transformer screach. the second str reads open on all pins both ways round. and put in the screaching tv, makes nothing happen (no screaching etc). I think that I will buy 1 new STR, and try it in both TV's, and change electrolytics around that area. The one that is screaching was silent, until i replaced a diode and coil in the primary circuit that were blown apart, then it started screaching. Could this have caused the screaching (wrong diode or coil?)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)