Panasonic TX-28W3E

Eagle
New User

May 4, 2006, 4:33 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1408 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TX-28W3E Can't Post

Hi!
I have a problem with my Panasonic TV with chassie EURO 1. The stanby LED just blink about each 10 second and nothing else happens.
I have come so far that when I take R531 10K (in the video control board (A Board)) away, all voltages including high voltage starts, but there is still no picture.
My big problem is that I dont know how to find out what the root problem is that force the equipment not to start when I re-assemble R531.
Do anyone of you in this forum have any experience of how I am going to make a trouble shoting in this case.

Brg Eagle

(This post was edited by Eagle on May 4, 2006, 4:35 PM)

rrobor
Veteran

May 5, 2006, 10:29 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Eagle] Panasonic TX-28W3E [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably no vertical output, check R561. Also you say there is no picture, do you have a gray screen or no raster, if no raster turn the bottom control on the flyback transformer and it will show you the fault, IE no video or no vertical.

Eagle
New User

May 5, 2006, 11:13 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Panasonic TX-28W3E [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you rrobur for the tips!
The screen is black and no raster. Do you mean that I should raise the screen voltage so I can see if there is a line or not?
Brg Eagle

rrobor
Veteran

May 6, 2006, 12:23 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1372 views)
Shortcut

Indubitably.

Eagle
New User

May 7, 2006, 7:51 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Panasonic TX-28W3E [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi again!
It doesnīt help to raise the screen voltage to max...no light on the screen. As I can see all voltages to the picture tube is OK except the color signals.
It looks like there is no incomming signal to the video control board. It is very difficult to trobleshoot this board because there is a lot of IC:s that I donīt know the exact funtion of.
Iīm very glad that someone (rrobor) take their time to give me some support here in this forum.
Eagle Smile

rrobor
Veteran

May 8, 2006, 12:30 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1358 views)
Shortcut

You are incorrect. If all the voltages to the tube are correct you will have some form of display on the screen. You are now looking at DC voltages and filaments, does the tube light?. If so what is the cathode voltage, if all 3 are high its drive issues if 120 to 150V its OK. what is the screen voltage, they often has a blue ceramic here which leaks, If the screen is lower than the cathode voltage you will have no picture. Finally if these voltages are incorrect and you find no fault, slip the tube base back off the pins and try again if all now is well the tube is gone and its landfill If the voltages remain faulty tube is OK and you missed something.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)