Panasonic TX-76PW100A

greg32
New User

Apr 20, 2007, 11:02 AM

Post #1 of 3 (918 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TX-76PW100A Can't Post

Hi there!
My TV has developed a very annoying 'squeal' emitted intermittently from it. It is not the usual slight high pitch that is inherent with CRT's, more or a low/high/low noise very noticeable from quite a distance. Sometimes it is slight, sometimes very bad. If I turn off all devices connected to it, but leave the TV on the noise goes away. I have a digitec stb, a jvc dvd, and a panasonic receiver plugged into it.

When the noise starts, if I push on the back plate where all the connections are the noise stops, but if I let go it starts again. It can come when the dvd is in use, or the set top box, it does not matter. It will also do it with both the stb and dvd off, and just the reciever on. Even if only one of the above is plugged in the noise will occur, so I think I can eliminate any of the three devices plugged in being the problem, but maybe the connections on the inside are interfering with each other. What could be causing this problem, as it is driving me crazy?

Would I be ok unscrewing the back plate (not the entire back of the tv) that contains all the connections and checking for something loose, or could I cause damage to the tv by doing this? It seems it may be something is loose as when I hold pressure against it the noise goes away.

Thanks for any help

Cheers Greg

greg32
New User

Apr 20, 2007, 11:08 AM

Post #2 of 3 (916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greg32] Panasonic TX-76PW100A [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry can I add also that it does not matter if the sound is on or off, muted, receiver off etc. So it is not emitting from the speakers.

Cheers Greg

techchris
Veteran

Apr 20, 2007, 3:46 PM

Post #3 of 3 (906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greg32] Panasonic TX-76PW100A [In reply to] Can't Post

one of the horizontal coils or the flyback transformer is the most likely culprit.take off the back and when the noise is there prod around with an INSULATED plastic stick till you find which one stops the noise when you prod it.switch off and seal the offender with silicone and wait till it dries before you switch on

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)