Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic problem...

pikingrin
New User

Dec 26, 2007, 2:19 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1076 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic problem... Can't Post

I just discovered this forum today in hopes that someone might have a solution to a rather annoying problem. I have a 32" Panasonic tv (info below) that, for the past 2 or 3 months, has been making a little popping or crackling noise in the case and the picture will flicker when it makes the noise. I've had the tv for about 3 or 4 years without any problems up until now. I tried using a power conditioner to make sure it wasn't something to do with power surges or anything and it didn't make a difference. It's weird because it doesn't always do it. Sometimes it will be on for almost an hour before it starts to act up, sometimes it doesn't do anything at all. Anybody have any ideas on what the issue could be here?
Model # CT-32SC14J
Chassis # BP411

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! It's quite aggrivating to have this happening while trying to watch a movie...

techchris
Veteran

Dec 26, 2007, 11:48 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pikingrin] Panasonic problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like something sparking inside,probably the flyback transformer or the crt. sometimes you can see this if you take off the back and turn the room lights off. difficult with intermittent faults and time consuming. Its not in a damp room or corner is it?

pikingrin
New User

Dec 26, 2007, 6:23 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as the humidity goes, I live in Houston so it's always pretty humid but it's never been an issue before. As of right now, it's in the living room of my 3rd floor apartment, but not in a corner. Could dust in the case be an issue? Or maybe if moisture had gotten in there before, could it cause long term problems? I have these little sugar gliders, like flying squirrels but smaller, and one of them always climbs up the back of the tv onto the top, it might have peed when it was climbing around on top or something, which wouldn't be much but I imagine that it would be corrosive.

Franky
User

Dec 27, 2007, 12:16 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pikingrin] Panasonic problem... [In reply to] Can't Post

It could be bad solder conections in the high volts circuit try resolder all over,also could be caps out of specs need ESR testing tool.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)