Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic vertical lines?

morssolis
New User

Jul 18, 2012, 5:50 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic vertical lines? Can't Post

Edit: The lines just went away for no reason...

I am new here but have a problem and was hoping someone could help.

I bought a Panasonic tc-p46st30 about 11 months ago from Amazon Warehouse deals in like new condition. Like new was described as returned but still new, open box or a damaged box. When I got it I thought it was new, there was plastic on the bezel and everything still.

Just the other night I was watching a movie and I got 4 lines about 1 pixel in width that run vertical from top to bottom. One line is blue, one is green, one is pink, one is black. Two of the lines are spaced the same distance from each other as the other two lines. They appear over all video inputs and internal tv menus.

Panasonic said they will not cover it under warranty because I bought it from Warehouse deals even though its only been 11 months. I use this tv maybe 8-10 hours a week.

Any idea what this could be? I hope I can switch out some parts and be ok and not have to replace the panel because thats not happening anytime soon (college).

Thanks

(This post was edited by morssolis on Jul 18, 2012, 6:32 PM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 28, 2012, 2:17 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [morssolis] Panasonic vertical lines? [In reply to] Can't Post

If it's intermittent this could be a problem with a ribbon cable (tarnished or loose) so it may need to be removed & cleaned, but you may want to wait til it does it again & it may help you narrow your search; often moving the cables a little will cause the picture to clear up temporarily but it would be nice to watch your results.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)