Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panny TX28DTM1 Question

PANORAMIC
New User

Dec 9, 2005, 10:47 PM

Post #1 of 2 (887 views)
Shortcut
Panny TX28DTM1 Question Can't Post

I've just purchased this model and i'm very happy with the performance.

However, in digital mode, when there is a rolling banner towards the bottom of the screen (sky news/sports news ect.) instead of rolling from right to left in a straight line the banner appears slightly curved and "wave" like. The text in the bottom right of the banner is slghtly smaller than the left and very slightly squashed - this manifests itself with the text shrinking in width in the centre of the screen and expanding in width at the left and right sides of the screen - as it enters and exits the screen.

I'm sure it will be the same on BBC news 24 in analogue when i check it later as in text on the terrestial channels there is the same imperfection at the bottom right of the screen with one or two words slightly squashed and curved.

Now, i must add this is a very slight imperfection and you wouldn't notice it unless you were actively looking for problems.

Questions:

1. Does anybody have the same model and have the same issues?

2. Is this a common problem with CRT widescreen tv's? (on my recently bought Philips CRT 32 widescreen i don't have this issue).

3. How do i get into the engineer service menu for this model?

Thanks.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Dec 9, 2005, 11:57 PM

Post #2 of 2 (883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PANORAMIC] Panny TX28DTM1 Question [In reply to] Can't Post

These set have several modes they can run in one called expand by some stretch the sides, wide stretches the entire pix, try changing aspect ratios and see which one suit you. But remember the normal or 4X5 mode will burn the side bars in any set givin time
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)