Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips 32PW6006 L01.1E

benbradl
New User

Nov 25, 2006, 1:21 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1353 views)
Shortcut
Philips 32PW6006 L01.1E Can't Post

First a confession, I'm not a TV repair guy. I repair cinema projectors and sound equipment for a living. The last time I had any dealings with TV repair was 10yrs ago at college.

My 3 yr old Philips 32W6006 L01.1E has died. It started off by putting itself into (possibly) protection mode just after the HT fired up (LED on but no audio or video), but by flicking it to standby and back on again it would start up and work OK. It has been like this for a year.

The other night it did this as usual then it stopped working altogether (LED not lit). The SMPS is now chirping like a canary at about 3-5Hz.

If there is anybody here that could give me a few suggestions as to where to look what to change I'd be most grateful. I've got a service manual for the beast but I'm finding it hard to read on the PC and my printer is dead too, so I'm unable to print it out.

Thank you in advance,

Ben

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 25, 2006, 9:18 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [benbradl] Philips 32PW6006 L01.1E [In reply to] Can't Post

You may be lucky and its the vertical IC and a couple of electrolytics. This chassis though is famed for its painter chip failure and dumpage in repair shops is high.

benbradl
New User

Nov 26, 2006, 1:49 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Philips 32PW6006 L01.1E [In reply to] Can't Post

Cheers rrobor, electrolytics would make sense.
The problem caused the screen to shrink width ways the week before the TV died.
I disconnected "Main Supply" and the noise stops, so looks like large current drain.
I'll do the caps next.
Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)