Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips 32rf50s127 Diagnosis

BeesKnees
New User

Aug 22, 2007, 9:21 PM

Post #1 of 5 (974 views)
Shortcut
Philips 32rf50s127 Diagnosis Can't Post

Howdy - I have a 32rf50s127 that needs a little help. The problem started with the remote becoming ineffective while the tv was already on. We could not change the station or volume with the remote after the set was on for a time. The remote worked when the set was first turned on, but after it warmed up the remote was ineffective. The problem went away when the tv was off for a while. It got worse over a few weeks, to the point that neither the remote nor the buttons on the set could adjust the volume or sound. We had to unplug the set for some time in order for it to work again. This worsened to where the set would turn itself off after a while. Now it won't turn on at all, no mater how long it is unplugged.

I thought one of you experts might be able to diagnose this problem and tell me which circuit board to replace, since it's a pretty specific set of symptoms.

Thanks, BeesKnees

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2007, 4:31 PM

Post #2 of 5 (957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BeesKnees] Philips 32rf50s127 Diagnosis [In reply to] Can't Post

Sound like the classic capacitor going bad in the power supply. Mabe the five volt line is droping this will cause the remote sence to fail, but without a good ERS meater and a working knowlage of the working inside a set the best bet would to take this to the shop
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

BeesKnees
New User

Aug 25, 2007, 5:07 AM

Post #3 of 5 (932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Philips 32rf50s127 Diagnosis [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't have a grerat knowledge about how tvs work, that's why I was hoping someone could suggest which board to replace. I can probably replace a board, which is easy to do, for cheaper than taking it in and having someone solder in a new capacitor. I don't want to deprive a repairman of work, but I'm posting here at all only because I don't have a bunch of spare cash laying around.

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 25, 2007, 11:22 AM

Post #4 of 5 (924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BeesKnees] Philips 32rf50s127 Diagnosis [In reply to] Can't Post

What Mike told you was he suspected the supply feeding the 5V line. Thats a good call and is probably correct. The chances are that Tv doesnt come as assemblies and you will have to to track it down. But this is a hard fault, it could be the senser it could be the micro, so getting a new supply would probably be incorrect. As per Murphies law, it always is the other.

BeesKnees
New User

Aug 25, 2007, 11:41 AM

Post #5 of 5 (922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Philips 32rf50s127 Diagnosis [In reply to] Can't Post

The tv also stopped accepting input through the buttons on the set, not just the remote sensor....

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)