Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips 50" PTV835

dubya
New User

Mar 19, 2005, 10:45 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3321 views)
Shortcut
Philips 50" PTV835 Can't Post

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I have really enjoyed what I've seen. I'm having a problem with my Philip Big screen. Before I tell you what's wrong with it, let me give you the model and chasis numbers.

Model #: 9P5034C102
Chasis #: PTV835

I'm sure you can tell from the model number that it is a 50 inch projection TV. What my problem is, whenever I turn on the TV, I get a blue screen with lines on it. And then after a few seconds, it shut off. I assumed it had to be something wrong with the blue picture tube, so to be sure, I unpluged the blue CRT board, and turned it on. When I did this, the tv came on, the picture was thaere, and everything worked beautifully, except of course there was no blue in the picture.

So next I went ahead and got a new blue picture tube. I put it in, made all the connections, etc. It did the exact same thing. I thought that was very stange, so my reaction was that somehow the new picture tube was bad also. I went ahead and sent it back and recieved yet another picture tube (this was all over the course of a few months), and when I got that, yet again it did the same problem. At this point I was really scratching my head.

I thought it could possibly be the splitter, but to test it I just switched the blue anode lead with one of the other colors. I still got the same problem. Blue screen with lines. I then replace a brand new blue CRT board, thinking that was the only possibility, but guess what, same problem. The last thing I tried was unhooking the blue convergence wire from the convergence board, but it didn't change a thing. At this point I have no idea what else to try.

I'm going to be getting a refund on this picture tube I ordered, so I really haven't lost any money in this TV yet. I've only lost a lot of time and maybe a few brain cells. I'm totally stumped at this point. Do you guys have any idea. I'd really appreciate your help and input. If there is any more info that you need me to give you, then please, just tell me. Thanks!

pappaneil
New User

Aug 28, 2007, 11:42 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dubya] Philips 50" PTV835 [In reply to] Can't Post

Too bad you had to go through all that trouble just because you needed the drive board to fix that problem. Actually the only part that was bad was the TO-220 output transistor on the blue drive board. Unsolder 3 pins to take out the old one and resolder 3 pins from the new transistor. About 3.00 at Radio Shack.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)