Phillips RPTV Help

Maxwell26
New User

Jan 14, 2012, 1:51 AM

Post #1 of 2 (823 views)
Shortcut
Phillips RPTV Help Can't Post

Hello all,
I have searched and searched the internet and cant find the answer to my questions. I finally came across this site and it gives me some hope.
I was recently given a Phillips RPTV, model: 51PP9303H/17 Chassis: DPTV345. The picture is fuzzy and has white "halos" around any bright area in the picture. The picture isnt horrible but is not great either, in doing my research I believe this to be caused by the coolant. I carefully removed the screen from the tv, kept them all together and didnt touch them. I cleaned alot of dust from the lenses with a damp lens cleaning cloth. That didnt help much, if at all. I also noticed the coolant inside has debris floating in it so I want to change it.
This is where my questions come in. This is the first tv that I have ever been inside of, I know it can be very dangerous and as an auto mechanic who works with hybrid vehicles I know not to take electricity lightly. I am going to take the tubes out as to not spill any coolant and cause more problems but i cant find the proper discharge procedure for my tv.. Or is there a time in which it will discharge itself? I am reluctant to touch any part of the inside until it has been discharged. All I can find is to clip a jumper wire to an insulated screwdriver and the other end to the chassis ground(which I cant find). I have pictures but cant seem to figure out how to post them on here.
I hope that was thorough enough to get startedWink.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

mel
Veteran

Jan 14, 2012, 4:07 AM

Post #2 of 2 (814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Maxwell26] Phillips RPTV Help [In reply to] Can't Post

The tuner case is usually chassis ground.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)