Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Picture blurry

ShimmyShammy
New User

Mar 18, 2006, 11:36 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1455 views)
Shortcut
Picture blurry Can't Post

Hi , i just bought a 62' Mitsubishi 62825. Because it supports hdtv , we decided to get a new hd cable box with dvr and a hd dvd player. Our cable provider is Cox , but when I watch cable its a little blurry/staticy looking. An example would be , if you play a video on windows media player and it looks all nice , but u change it to full screen and a lot of the detail goes away. So the picture in picture screen looks nice because its smaller , but when it takes the whole thing up we get that bad picture. So we try a dvd to see if its that , but the dvd picture comes out fine. One difference might be though that the Dvd player is connected to the t.v. using HDMI , and the cable box is using those hd red,blue,green cable. So we call up Cox thinking it's the cable , but they say its not the box and that it's the t.v. But how is that if the DVD is working fine? Can someone plz help me , it is really frustrating to buy this new t.v. that looks great in the stores and come to not have the best picture with my cable.

Thank You

shadetree
Veteran

Mar 19, 2006, 1:33 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ShimmyShammy] Picture blurry [In reply to] Can't Post

it's the cable

techman32k
User

Mar 19, 2006, 4:37 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Picture blurry [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I agree with shadetree as a cable guy will come out to your house with a small tv set and hook it up to the cable and all looks fine BUT a projection set starts out with smaller displays or tubes and blows then up sometimes over ten times so with any little bit of hash or snow on a small screen looks 10 times worse on a large screen tv set. Your gonna have to complain to the cable company and make them fix it right or get a sat .

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)