Pioneer PDP-4271HD

ozman911
New User

Mar 31, 2012, 12:30 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1364 views)
Shortcut
Pioneer PDP-4271HD Can't Post

Hello all,
I recently got a Pioneer PDP-4271HD from a friend that let it get rained on. As far as I know there was no power put to it after that. I have taken the back off and completley dried the unit out. However when i apply power to it one of the 2 relays on the main power board engages but the second one doesnt. As well the standby light come on red and stays that way. If I press the power button nothing happens. There is a led on the main power board but it doesn nothing as well, There is a small smd led on the board that the switch panel contects to, this smd led flashes red twice and then goes off. Any light you could shine on this would be greatly appricieated. Thank you very much.

mel
Veteran

Mar 31, 2012, 11:11 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozman911] Pioneer PDP-4271HD [In reply to] Can't Post

The two flashes of the red LED indicates that the set is in Power-Down and the procedures for determining the cause are quite complex. If you are technically savy, you can download the service manual at ElektroTanya.com where you will find the instructions on page 98 of the manual. Otherwise, you should patronize your local TV repair shop because you are dealing with potentially harmful voltages here.

ozman911
New User

Apr 1, 2012, 8:11 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Pioneer PDP-4271HD [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel,, Thank you for your response. I would consider myself tech savy, however not to the level of professional tv reapair. I dont have a scope or the tools needed to test certain componets. I do however have enough knowledge not to get myself killed or mamed. :) I fix LCD displays (re-cap, componet replacement etc), computers, build pic chip circuits, and small electronics often but this is my first tango with a plasma set.
My next question is where would be a good place to sell used tv componets, besides E-Bay. I am not a fan of recent E-bay policies and have tried my best to move away from them. I recycle alot of old electronices and would like to find a way to sell the tested good componets.
Again, thank you for the advice and I will try to find the manual and report back.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)