Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Plasma repair help...

Luis S
New User

Sep 19, 2012, 1:00 AM

Post #1 of 2 (851 views)
Shortcut
Plasma repair help... Can't Post

Heres the story. I was very recently given a tv that took a surge and stopped working. A Panasonic TC-P54Z1. It will no longer display any signal over HDMI. Being an installer and alarm guy I figured I would take a crack at fixing it and maybe have an awesome upgrade for little to nothing. Well after looking it over and reading the service manual over and over, Ive come to the conclusion its 1 of 2 boards that may have taken the hit and need replacing.

What Im asking for here is, if any of you out there, can help me find this part.I keep getting shot down at every turn so Im hoping you guys could help me out. I dont have alot (hence why im even bothering fixing this thing lol) Google yields nothing that I have found useful. All the online shops thus far have no eta on getting it.

If any of you have a local shop you know, or better still are in the repair biz and can hook me up, PLEASE let me know. I would be tremendously grateful. Heres a link to the part # Panasonic TNPA4859AB GH Board

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-tnpa4859ab-gh-board.htm

And for anynone who wants to take a look and maybe confirm what I suspect, heres the service manual:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46518674/Panasonic-Tc-p54z1-Chassis-Gpf12zu-12th-Generation-2009-Tech-guide-Training-ET#

Again, Id really appreciate any help fellas. Im nowhere near being able to afford a new tv and while this is an older set it would be an enjoyable upgrade. Let me know of you have anything. From what I gather, its a salvage part and should only run about 20 or so. If you find it for more than that email me and let me know. I cant reeally spend hundreds in the repair so the cheaper the better

Thanks,

Luis

Luis S
New User

Sep 19, 2012, 1:03 AM

Post #2 of 2 (848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luis S] Plasma repair help... [In reply to] Can't Post

Also I have found that the service manual (not the one I linked to but the actual repair manual) refers to this part as TXNGH1DKUU I am 99.9% certain this is it. I have replaced the DA board with no success and many techs as well as a gentleman on avs forum have all but confirmed this is the part I need. Im crossing my fingers but pretty bummed about it overall. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,

Luis

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)