Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Please Help

spacebluesonoma
New User

Sep 28, 2005, 5:10 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1125 views)
Shortcut
Please Help Can't Post

Well I am working a no picture good audio issue on a television. It started out with a blue screen or a black screen with blue horizonal lines. Upon inspection, the board on the back of the CRT was in bad shape so I started there and resoldered everything. When I put it back in, I screwed up hooking it up and swapped the KA and MY wires. NOW the tv powers up screen is grey/white with black lines on it, and no audio or control. Did I fry something hooking it up wrong or did the resoldering cause this problem. What should I look at?

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated

mel
Veteran

Sep 28, 2005, 9:47 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spacebluesonoma] Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

We might be able to figure out what the KA and MY wires are if you posted the make and model number of the set.

spacebluesonoma
New User

Sep 29, 2005, 12:44 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

oops, i guess that would help.

It is a Mitsubishi CS-27403

Thanks All

mel
Veteran

Sep 29, 2005, 10:03 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1100 views)
Shortcut

My schematic doesn't list anything like KA and MY so I still do not know which wires you crossed nor the the potential consequences.

spacebluesonoma
New User

Sep 30, 2005, 12:31 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the help Mel. Try this and if this does not work, i will pull the main board and see if I can figure out what these wires go to. I know from the schematic this might not help, but hopefully they have a picture of the CRT board in the manual? One 2 wire socket is just below R6946, the other is just above D8005

Please let me know if this helps, thanks

mel
Veteran

Sep 30, 2005, 10:50 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1089 views)
Shortcut

I am working from a package that seems to be similar to your model number so I can't be positive but it appears that pin 3 of the KA connector is at ground while pin 3 of the MY connector is at 124 volt thru a resistor and diode. I cannot find the source for the KA input but I suspect that it is a B+ voltage from the power supply. Since the MY pins are across a low ohms coil, it may also have blown the coi; as well as the B+ source there. Bad news but I hope that this helps.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)