Power Surge Problem...Help

cloudofbass
New User

Apr 29, 2010, 2:56 PM

Post #1 of 2 (763 views)
Shortcut
Power Surge Problem...Help Can't Post

Hi...
I have a Bosch (4) LTC 2915/91 Security Monitors. I recently had a power surge and now all four of the monitors are missing an inch from the top and bottom of the screen, but they still work. Any ideas on how to receive the full picture again? btw this is 2nd time (with 2nd set of surge protectors) Please Advise.
thanks Tim

Repair man
Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2010, 7:05 PM

Post #2 of 2 (750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cloudofbass] Power Surge Problem...Help [In reply to] Can't Post

Try replacing the main / largest capacitor you see that is closest to where the power cable is connected to the circuit board (experiment with one monitor first to see if it make a difference).

I'm not sure of the value of the cap on your monitors but on TVs they are usually 650uf to 820uf and usually 200 volt or higher.

These caps can change value if you have a power surge and the set will still often work but have various symptoms such as a shrunken image (not a full raster).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)