Projection TV Trouble

Sigmiis
New User

Nov 23, 2006, 6:23 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1218 views)
Shortcut
Projection TV Trouble Can't Post

Hello Everyone,
First, I dont know anything about TVs. I have a Hitachi Ultravision Digital 56" projection TV, about 5 years old. I took the back off and it has a big mirror that a red, a yellow, and a blue light shines on. Anyways, the TV has a picture but it looks like the blue in the picture is sagging down from the top middle of the screen. All the words are like seeing double. They are written once and then about 1/2" below they are written again in blue. Its harder to expain than I thought it would be. Any suggestions?

MOtvGuy
User

Nov 23, 2006, 11:42 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sigmiis] Projection TV Trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

You've got a convergence issue. Have a servicer come out, they should be able to handle that without too much trouble.

Sigmiis
New User

Nov 23, 2006, 3:09 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] Projection TV Trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the reply. What exactly is convergence? Any idea how much it will cost to fix? Do you know what they do to fix it? I just want all my ducks in a row before I call a repairman. Thanks

MOtvGuy
User

Nov 23, 2006, 4:59 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sigmiis] Projection TV Trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

Convergence is basically getting the beams of those 3 colored tubes you see in there to lay on top of one another so they're not hanging down, up sideways, etc. There are 2 large IC's in there that do most of the work and are what normally cause the problem. My ballpark would be anywhere from $250 + up for someone to replace them and then do a reconvergence.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)