Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Quasar combo tv/vcr vv2018W code for universal remote

FredricJLowe
New User

Mar 8, 2010, 6:41 PM

Post #1 of 5 (9046 views)
Shortcut
Quasar combo tv/vcr vv2018W code for universal remote Can't Post

I have a Quasar combo tv/vcr vv2018W code for universal remote that was purchased in 1998. I understand that this model was made by Panasonic. I am trying to find the remote control code to program into my new Comcast digital adapter which I need to change the channels. I tried every code provided on the Comcast remote manual of codes for all types of tvs but none of the listed Quasar codes worked. I called Panasonic and they said it will not work since it was a 2 digit code.
Does anyone know the code I can put in? I can still use the original remote to turn the tv on/off but I cannot use it to change the channels on the digital adapter as the tv must remain on channel 3 in order to work with the digital adapter.
Thank you.

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 9, 2010, 1:42 AM

Post #2 of 5 (9041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FredricJLowe] Quasar combo tv/vcr vv2018W code for universal remote [In reply to] Can't Post

I would think the "digital adapter" will be worked by the Comcast remote as it is - TV stays on Ch. 3 as you mentioned.Cool

-------------------------

FredricJLowe
New User

Mar 9, 2010, 2:14 AM

Post #3 of 5 (9039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Quasar combo tv/vcr vv2018W code for universal remote [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your reply. Yes the Comcast remote does in fact change the channels for the digital adapter. However, what I am trying to get the code for the Comcast remote is so that I can turn the tv on/off with the Comcast remote. All of the other tvs I have been able to correctly input their respective codes. But this combo tv/vcr from Quasar is illusive. It's not the end of the world, but just will have to turn the tv on with the original Quasar remote and change the channels with the Comcast remote.
So, again, if anyone knows the code for a Quasar combo tv/vcr to put in the Comcast remote to turn the tv on, that would be greatly appreciated.

Ron.M
Veteran

Mar 9, 2010, 4:06 AM

Post #4 of 5 (9036 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FredricJLowe] Quasar combo tv/vcr vv2018W code for universal remote [In reply to] Can't Post

FredricJLowe;....

I know nada about Comcast & their products....
However , I found this on the net & think it may help you out.....

Comcast Code Search.
Turn on your TV.
On the remote control , press TV once.
Then press and hold SETUP until the TV key blinks twice, then release the SETUP key.
Using the number pad, enter 9-9-1.
The TV key will blink twice.
Aim the remote control at the TV and slowly alternate between pressing Power and CH UP.
Stop when the TV turns off after pressing the POWER key.
This means that a working code has been found.
Press the SETUP key once to lock in the code.
The TV key will blink twice

If that doesn't do it , then your outta luck ....
IT means that Comcast did NOT program the code in your remote when it was made.....

GOOD LUCK....

Later....Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

shadetree
Veteran

Mar 9, 2010, 2:20 PM

Post #5 of 5 (9028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Quasar combo tv/vcr vv2018W code for universal remote [In reply to] Can't Post

try pushing the vcr button instead of tv before code searching

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)