Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA 20f511t

link
New User

Sep 6, 2007, 4:24 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1392 views)
Shortcut
RCA 20f511t Can't Post

Sound went out. Took to tv repair shop and was told that it needed a sound card. Repairman tried to get the part, but was told by several suppliers including Thompson that the part was no longer available. This tv is only 2 years old. Anyone know where I may be able to find the sound card? The part number is 266906. The model # is 20f511t (cx61). The Chassis is m123a. Has RCA began making disposable tvs? Thanks.

onetech
User

Sep 6, 2007, 4:29 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [link] RCA 20f511t [In reply to] Can't Post

Link,
If the set was manufactured for sale in the USA, RCA is required to supply parts for 7 years after the date of manufacture. If you purchased the set in the USA contact RCA customer relations and inform them of the situation and ask them to correct the problem.

link
New User

Sep 6, 2007, 7:22 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [onetech] RCA 20f511t [In reply to] Can't Post

onetech,
After getting in touch with RCA on the phone, I was informed that any TV under 24" don't have replacement parts available. They only have parts available for tvs above 24". The only thing I can do is to ship the TV to them and pay $90.00 for a replacement. Is this true? If so, I guess that RCA is selling disposable tvs. H**l I can go to Walmart and buy a new one for that amount! Of course, I won't be buying another RCA, that's for sure.

onetech
User

Sep 6, 2007, 8:30 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [link] RCA 20f511t [In reply to] Can't Post

Link,
Unfortunatley yes, as long as they offer to repair or replace the set.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)