Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA CTC197CE2

techman32k
User

Mar 19, 2006, 4:19 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1586 views)
Shortcut
RCA CTC197CE2 Can't Post

I have an rca 32 inch tv someone gave me. I've had alot of exper. in the past with tv repairs but I dont remember this one. When you turn on the power switch you hear the degussing relay click and a small pop in the sound then the relay clicks off. It will then click the relay again with the small pop and then clicks off. This goes on for about three to four times then it will stop.. It will start all over again when power switch is pressed again.. Is this the tuner ground problem or a regulator problem?? Thanks

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2006, 4:47 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techman32k] RCA CTC197CE2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Check C14402 (.0157@ 1.6kv) PN 206008. This chassis has a history for defective flybacks.

techman32k
User

Mar 19, 2006, 4:49 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] RCA CTC197CE2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes Im aware off the flyback problems as I've replaced many of them BUT when they go bad the HOT shorts as theres a small chirping noise too.. Thatks for the reply

techman32k
User

Mar 21, 2006, 5:54 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techman32k] RCA CTC197CE2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok peeps I did find the problem after I opened it and remebered the set from the past as I've done alot of these.. Ok I found that the resitor from B+ going to the Horz. drive xformer was open. that resister is rt4305.. its value is 3.2k at 3 watts or better. also what causes this to go bad is the small coil l4o1 off the secondary of the horz drive xformer going to the base of the horizontal output xsistor.. Its not bad but needs some heat on it as it dosent make a greast contact all the time due to a mistake sat the factory.. so after replacing rt4305 as well as resolering l401 we are whating a really good pic here!!!!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)