Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA DLP D44lpw134yx1

tsandlin5
New User

Dec 14, 2008, 10:37 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1592 views)
Shortcut
RCA DLP D44lpw134yx1 Can't Post

I have an RCA (d44lpw134yx1) DLP. I was watching tthis set when I heard a pop and found that my lamp had went out. I installed the new lamp, but I still have no picture. When I plug the set up to power I noticed that the fans located near the lamp do not come on. The blue power LED blinks six times pauses blinks once over and over. Any suggestions?

(This post was edited by tsandlin5 on Dec 14, 2008, 10:44 PM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Dec 17, 2008, 7:44 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tsandlin5] RCA DLP D44lpw134yx1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you put the cover back on the back of the set as well as the door to the lamp? If the door covering the lamp is not in place the set will act exactly as if there is a bad lamp and fans will not run.

This could also be a problem with the color wheel. It it is not spinning at the proper speed the lamp will not light. When your lamp went 'POP' did it physically break or just burn out? If it physically busted, the pieces of the lamp may have damaged the color wheel.

There may also be a heat/temperature sensor that has gone bad that is sometimes near the lamp. These sensors are often mounted on the heat sink near where the lamp sits; each TV is a little different so your's may or may not have one. If the sensor goes bad the set thinks it is overheated and shuts down and lamp won't light -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

zip
User

Dec 18, 2008, 4:58 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tsandlin5] RCA DLP D44lpw134yx1 [In reply to] Can't Post

These RCA DLP's are very picky on the lamp they use (rca makes several different lamps) and you MUST get the correct lamp for the type ballast circuit board in the set or it will not light! Have a RCA tech check this out for you. They look the same but are not.This maybe your problem.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)