Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA F32632SB NEWBIE

supafly136
New User

Aug 2, 2005, 7:45 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1575 views)
Shortcut
RCA F32632SB NEWBIE Can't Post

ok never worked on a tv before but have extensive puter repair experience.

so from the research ive done, (hourglass effect) i need to replace c4402 and cr4402.

i have everything apart down to board but i see one hex head screw at an interior 90 degree spot on board, which i hope is all i have to remove to slide board out of clips. i hope?

anyway, all i have to do is heat the solder joints while pulling on part im removing right?

also, i have no testing equipment of any kind, just goin by what parts everyone else has replaced. there is a lot of dust in there which i guess i can remove with air can?

can u give the most reputable place to order these parts from, and how do i get part numbers for them? in the united states.

also what r the chances of radio shack carrying these parts?

1 more thing, ive read there is a part in there that could possibly kill me if i dont discharge it, but i dont know what it looks like lol. and i guess reattatching the parts is reverse of removal?

any and all help for this newb, much appreciated!

mel
Veteran

Aug 2, 2005, 11:16 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supafly136] RCA F32632SB NEWBIE [In reply to] Can't Post

CR4402 is RCA P/N 198596 and C4402 P/N is 206008. Both can be oredered from HBF Electronics on-line. Before ordering them tho, check the solder joint on the CR4402. I usually just use the exhaust side of a vacuum cleaner to blow out the dust. I do not see a cross to the RCA part diode number, so it is unlikely that Radio Shack will carry it. They probably carry the cap which value is listed on the cap itself. As long as the set is unplugged, it is not likely that there are any voltages in there that will "kill" you. Even the 30,000 volts residual on the CRT will get your attention (it has gotten my attention a few times and I'm still here) but not likely kill you but why take a chance? Just do not unplug the red wire from the back of the CRT. Make sure of the polarity on both components when reinstalling.

supafly136
New User

Aug 2, 2005, 11:43 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] RCA F32632SB NEWBIE [In reply to] Can't Post

holy crapola! thx for all the info, ill try it now without the TOTAL fear of death.

nice forum, and thx for the fast reply bro. Smile

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)