Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA F32645

hotstickman
New User

Jan 4, 2006, 5:20 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2768 views)
Shortcut
RCA F32645 Can't Post

The audio just went to a static hissing sound all at once. The vidio is perfect. I hooked up another TV to the cable

and it was fine. Any idea what might be wrong and how much it would cost to fix.

shadetree
Veteran

Jan 4, 2006, 7:12 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hotstickman] RCA F32645 [In reply to] Can't Post

I run into this all the time on rca's if you have a vcr or cable box go into the a/v plugs it's cheaper than the repair

PlatinumCS
New User

Jan 11, 2006, 4:13 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hotstickman] RCA F32645 [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the exact same TV, with the exact same problem. And it started on or about the same day! How's that for weird?

If I unplug the TV and let it sit for a minute or two, then plug in and turn it on, it is fine for a while. But it will just suddenly go into the hissing again at random intervals.

Hotstickman, did you find any other information?

Shadetree, thanks for that idea. I did notice the DVD and Gamebox work fine and figured that was an option. Any idea what causes this though?

Thanks in advance.

DLK150
New User

Jan 23, 2006, 10:41 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PlatinumCS] RCA F32645 [In reply to] Can't Post

We had the same issue with the same model. We have ours under a maintenance agreement with Sears, so the repairman came out and said it was a data buffer overload. It's not just this model evidently, but TVs with the same basic chassis.

He said he had to make calls on 4 of them in this area in the past week, 7 in the past two weeks. There is no repair, only a remedy, and that is to unplug it for 15 minutes and plug it back in. It's something to do with it having a variety of different data to process, including the guide, closed captioning, etc, with the addition of stations broadcasting both analog and digital signals. Something like that. Evidently it's a recent phenomenon in this area, but I've seen where some people had it happen last year. That could mean they were having the same broadcasting issues then that other people are having now as the conversion to digital broadcasting progresses.

RCA is evidently aware of it, and the remedy is what they prescribe when asked. I found this site when I was doing a search on the model number and just figured I throw my two cents in there.

PlatinumCS
New User

Jan 24, 2006, 12:51 AM

Post #5 of 7 (2629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DLK150] RCA F32645 [In reply to] Can't Post

You say it is a remedy. Do you have to do this repeatedly then? I noticed that unplugging the TV would correct the problem, but it would return.

Thanks for info.

DLK150
New User

Jan 24, 2006, 1:29 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PlatinumCS] RCA F32645 [In reply to] Can't Post

Evidently that's the only thing to do. If it happens again, you have to do it again. In our case, this isn't out main TV so it isn't as bad. He said that hopefully it's something that will work itself out as the transition between analog and digital TV progresses, but I don't know.

I guess the best way to put it is, the TV has older technology that wasn't intended to process all the information being broadcast to it. The price of progress, I guess.

PlatinumCS
New User

Jan 24, 2006, 1:39 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DLK150] RCA F32645 [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, we got around it by putting a VCR with a tuner in it on the TV. We use the VCR to change channels etc. It works, we no longer have to unplug the tv anymore.

I use a switch-box to swap between the VCR, DVD and GAMEBOX.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)