RCA F35670MB pincushion

derekf
New User

Nov 11, 2013, 2:48 AM

Post #1 of 2 (982 views)
Shortcut
RCA F35670MB pincushion Can't Post

Hi!

I have an RCA F35670MB (35" CRT TV) that it looks like the pincushion circuit is having issues.

I base that diagnosis completely on an old copy of "TV Repair for Beginners" and what I can find on the Internet.

The book says that the bowed-in sides I'm seeing are typical of a leaky Pin Output Transistor, and I did find what I believe is the pincushion board on this TV, and I replaced both transistors there (one 2SB1548 and one 2SD2012); another post on the internet said that it might be a diode that had failed, so I replaced the diode in that circuit as well. The problem persists.

I'm new to the electronics repair thing - the closest I've come is replacing a failed cap in an LCD monitor - so I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot the pincushion circuit. The transistors and diode I replaced all tested OK after I removed them.

I'm sure the next step is to get the circuit diagrams for the TV, but I don't actually know how to get from there to fixing the problem short of pulling each component off and verifying it.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 11, 2013, 10:07 AM

Post #2 of 2 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekf] RCA F35670MB pincushion [In reply to] Can't Post

Replace CR4403 and C4407.

http://elektrotanya.com/...egoria=&kat2=all

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)