RCA F36650 Chirping

Axl
New User

Sep 20, 2009, 4:40 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1668 views)
Shortcut
RCA F36650 Chirping Can't Post

This is an RCA Model: F36650 Chassis: ATC113CA1
When TV was plugged into the wall it made one click, which is normal I think.
Press power button, the power light came on for 1 second, went out, then came back on for another second, went out, came back on, went out. In other words, it would try to power up 3 times with one press of the power button.
I think something else has gone out while attempting to troubleshoot.
I powered it up with the 2 wire plug with red and green wires(deflection board?) disconnected.
It had the same symptoms as above, but 10 seconds later it started making a really fast high pitch chirping noise.
At this point, it does this as soon as the TV is plugged in. There is no solid click after plugin now. It just chatter chirps. Power button has no effect and does nothing to change the sound.
DP80 gets hot while this chatter chirp is happening. I measured 160 degrees F and climbing before unplugging the TV. Removed DP80. It checks good with diode tester.
Plugged up TV with DP80 removed. The loud chip chatter is gone, but can still hear high voltage hiss around LP03. No solid click at plug in.
Removed TL02(HOT?) . All 3 legs measure dead short between each other.
Plugged up the TV with TL02 removed. High voltage hiss still around LP03. Still no solid click at plug in.
If I had just replaced TL02 at the start, I am betting it would have fired up. Since the initial plug up click is gone, something else is popped. What should be checked next?

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 20, 2009, 2:04 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Axl] RCA F36650 Chirping [In reply to] Can't Post

What should be checked next?

The Do It Yourselfer?Wink

Dead Set With Squeal, Replace Flyback LL05 (257805) and Horiz Output Transistor TL02 (2SC5148 RCA part # 237470)

-------------------------

Axl
New User

Sep 22, 2009, 1:21 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] RCA F36650 Chirping [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

What should be checked next?

The Do It Yourselfer?Wink

Dead Set With Squeal, Replace Flyback LL05 (257805) and Horiz Output Transistor TL02 (2SC5148 RCA part # 237470)

That did it! I was worried since it had changed symptoms. I guess the flyback or HOT may have broke down further and that is what made the symptoms change. Ya think?
Thanks for the help. This is a great forum.Cool

Axl
New User

Sep 22, 2009, 5:46 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] RCA F36650 Chirping [In reply to] Can't Post

One last thing before closing this thing up.
B+ voltage on the flyback is 170V.
Voltage on the first big capacitor after the regulator is 165V.
Does that look like normal voltages?
Also....
I did a once over with an infrared temperature gun. The only componet that has me worried is IP350. It gets a little over 170 degrees F. Standby voltage on IP350 is 5.4 V.
CP350 is a capacitor near IP350 that has a standby voltage of 14 V.
I don't mind if something pops, as long as it's not the flyback again. I don't know if IP350 could affect the flyback or not. What do you guys think? Should I button it up as is? or more troubleshooting?

Axl
New User

Apr 3, 2011, 9:20 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Axl] RCA F36650 Chirping [In reply to] Can't Post

Just to let you know. About a year and half since the fix, and the TV still works great!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)