Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA F36650

Pecoman
New User

Mar 19, 2007, 12:47 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3149 views)
Shortcut
RCA F36650 Can't Post

I have an RCA Model F36650. It doesn't turn on. When you press the power button, gree light comes on, flashes a couple of times, and then nothing.
Is this the flyback? If so, does anyone know the part number and where I can find one? What about a schematic for my television, where can I find one of those?
Is there somewhere I can find instructions on how to fix this, or should I have a TV repairman do it for me? I kinda want to try it on my own.
I had someone look at it already and he said that the power was getting to the first "power" source but the second "power" source wasn't working. I am assuming he was talking about the flyback.
Thanks in advance for your help.

mel
Veteran

Mar 19, 2007, 1:44 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pecoman] RCA F36650 [In reply to] Can't Post

Go the www.wehaveparts.com and plugin your model number. There are several iterations of that model number so you will have to use the proper sub number. Unless you know what you are doing, this is a job best left to a professional.

Pecoman
New User

Mar 19, 2007, 1:49 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] RCA F36650 [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel-
Thanks. I don't know what a "sub" is. My model number is F336650YX01, if that means anything.
I went to your website and saw that you have the flybacks for 55 bucks, is that the part I am looking for?
Thanks again, you are great.

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2007, 2:24 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3136 views)
Shortcut

You need to call a pro tech if you like your tv. This problem is beyond you!

Pecoman
New User

Mar 19, 2007, 2:48 AM

Post #5 of 6 (3131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] RCA F36650 [In reply to] Can't Post

I did have a pro tech come in and look at it. I think he was trying to tell me the flyback was the problem, but he told me he couldn't find the part. I guess what I am asking is if wehaveparts.com has the right part.

mel
Veteran

Mar 19, 2007, 6:10 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3126 views)
Shortcut

It probably is the fly since this is a common problem with RCAs. You will probably have to replace the horizontal output transistor as well. It appears that the wehaveparts flyback is OK. Check the P/N on the bad fly to make sure that the numbers match before ordering. Make sure that you use an RCA part because many times, the generics will not work in RCAs. Also, when you change the fly, make sure that you discharge the static high voltage on the CRT or you will be in for a nasty SHOCK when you disconnect the high voltage lead from the CRT.

(This post was edited by mel on Mar 19, 2007, 6:14 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)