Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA M61WH74S problem

RyanMoroz
New User

Apr 22, 2009, 1:33 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5466 views)
Shortcut
RCA M61WH74S problem Can't Post

So I have a 61 inch DLP tv that was new in 2006. The tv will turn on and about 45 minutes later turn off. Seemed to be from overheating. I took off the back and hooked up a house fan and with the fan running on high it has kept the TV on for well over 2 days straight now. I would like to fix this but I cant find anything on my TV around the internet. Does anyone know why it would be overheating and/or how to fix this?

Also the power light turns on and blinks 5 times then stops and does this for about 20 minutes before just shutting off. I read that that means its the lamp but my lamp seems fine.

(This post was edited by RyanMoroz on Apr 22, 2009, 4:02 PM)

rustym62
New User

Apr 23, 2009, 1:52 AM

Post #2 of 5 (5453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RyanMoroz] RCA M61WH74S problem [In reply to] Can't Post

lamps can fool you sometimes may look like brand new but still have problem. Tv turning off by itself, taking longer to power up or pix not as bright are all warning signs the lamp is going
Rusty

http://www.the-tv-dude.blogspot.com

jts1957
Veteran

May 4, 2009, 8:26 AM

Post #3 of 5 (5424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rustym62] RCA M61WH74S problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Bulb life also can depend on how it is used (you turn set ON in the morning - Off at midnight vs. ON for 5 minutes then off four to five times a day). Also just the Total hours of use.

-------------------------

RyanMoroz
New User

Jul 13, 2009, 9:14 PM

Post #4 of 5 (5354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] RCA M61WH74S problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Stil having the same problem. Got a nbew lamp, tv turns on making a loud buzz and takes liek 30 seconds to turn on then shuts off after like 5 minutes. ANy help woudl be nice.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2009, 10:16 PM

Post #5 of 5 (5340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RyanMoroz] RCA M61WH74S problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Now it sound like the problem you had all along is making noise, The buzzing is the berrings or a section of the color wheel has failed, most likly the berrings, when this color wheel slows down it will shut down the set, making you think the lamp is going bad. Now for the realy great news, this color wheel part number 271917 is No longer avalible. I have shearched all my suppliers and the web and have found no one that has one in stock However this color wheel does come with the light engine and there are a few light engines avalible out there (273011 ) but they start at 730.00 and go up
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)