Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA P46924 problems

Phoenix
New User

Jan 14, 2006, 6:20 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1800 views)
Shortcut
RCA P46924 problems Can't Post

This is my first big screen/projection TV, so I'll be completely greatful for any help that can be offered.

I bought my RCA P46924 from a co-worker. It worked beautifully at his house (I watched it several times over there while hanging out). I brought it home, but when we were moving it in the house, we dropped it (it fell, maybe 2 inches to land in the grass outside, fairly soft landing). It worked fine for about an hour after I got it in the house, then the convergence went crazy. Drastic Fish-eye look, and about 1/4-3/4 inch color seperation.

I tried looking for a way to manually adjust the projector angles in the back of the system, but couldn't find any. I tried the convergence option in the menu, and got mixed results with that. It would sometimes fix the screen for about half a second, and other times, it would fix it for hours.

Recently tho, it went out of line once again, and this time, the sound from my cable channels (only cable tho, not DVD or Ps2) cut completely out, leaving only a nice, high pitched whine (like if you put your ear up to a normal CRT monitor, that's pretty close to the sound).

I unplugged the system for about a day, then plugged it back in. The sound on my cable came back, but the convergence continues to be crazy.

I've tried doing the OEM setup, v-80 thing as well, when the convergence is messed up, I can't even see the grid, but I tried when the convergence was fine, and it worked. Never noticed a difference tho.

Basically I was just wondering if I hosed myself when the system was dropped, or if there's a chance of it being able to be repaird.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Daniel

medivh_thc_@hotmail.com

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)