Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA power issue

JustinL
New User

Apr 14, 2009, 10:52 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1024 views)
Shortcut
RCA power issue Can't Post

I was given a TV that didn't work by someone so I'd like to fix it if possible. I know nothing of TV repair but if someone could make a suggestion of a part to replace I can give it a shot. Schematics would be nice to but I won't get my hopes up on that. <br> <br>When you press the power button it makes a clicking noise like it's trying to turn on but doesn't. It makes the clicking noise 3 more times after you initially try to turn it on , spaced about 3/4 of a second apart, then nothing. <br> <br>I found a thread when searching the problem of someone describing the same exact problem but no suggestions were really offered, just jokes about taking a hammer to it. It seems like it should be a rather simple part to replace but I could be wrong. <br> <br>RCA F36674ET <br>36" 1997 CRT <br>Chassis # CTC197CA <br> <br>If any additional information is required please let me know. <br>

Edit: I did see someone suggest in another thread that they replace the high voltage divider but the problem was not the exact same as mine.

(This post was edited by JustinL on Apr 14, 2009, 10:57 PM)

shadetree
Veteran

Apr 15, 2009, 12:05 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustinL] RCA power issue [In reply to] Can't Post

it doesn't have a divider in it sounds like the high voltage transformer

Repair man
Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2009, 3:53 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JustinL] RCA power issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Try replacing resistor R14147 (It might be labeled R147)

If that doesn't fix the set try this next:
De-solder the collector of the Horizontal Output Transistor then try powering up the set, if it powers on with audio and no video then replace Flyback Transformer and Resistor R14704, and capacitor C14710. -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)