Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA white screen

Sumo Runner
New User

Jan 8, 2011, 4:01 PM

Post #1 of 4 (5857 views)
Shortcut
RCA white screen Can't Post

I have an RCA L26HD31 where the picture went bad. It's out of warranty of course. Sound is OK, channel changing is OK, even screen menu selections work. There is just a slight image if you look closely but it is mostly white and very dim.

I opened the back and there are no bulging capacitors and no burns or obvious bad wires or solders, so I don't suspect the power board. I'm left with replacing either the main board or t-con. Which one is more likely to be bad? If it's the main board or the lcd panel it's a throw away but I can get a t-con for about $50.

Sumo Runner
New User

Jan 13, 2011, 10:28 PM

Post #2 of 4 (5833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sumo Runner] RCA white screen [In reply to] Can't Post

No replies, so then I'll answer my own query. I bought a t-con board, only $34 and very easy to replace, but that didn't fix it. It's either a bad main board or the lcd panel itself, meaning it isn't worth fixing.

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 13, 2011, 10:35 PM

Post #3 of 4 (5831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sumo Runner] RCA white screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Or the replacement "pulled from service, but we'll say it's good" for $34, board is also defective.Wink

-------------------------

Sumo Runner
New User

Jan 13, 2011, 11:04 PM

Post #4 of 4 (5828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] RCA white screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, that's also a possibility. On Shop Jimmy the part was out of stock so I got it from an iffy source. Then again the TV wasn't mine to begin with and it cost me nothing. The $34 is not great loss.

I had another Magnavox 37" LCD which I was able to fix for $5 worth of capacitors, so I'm ahead of the game this week. Fixing sh*t is one of my retirement hobbies. I spend more money on oil paints and canvases which also turn out to be worthless when I'm done.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)