Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Replacement Posistor

FLL41
New User

Jun 10, 2007, 7:04 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2895 views)
Shortcut
Replacement Posistor Can't Post

A near-by lightning strike blew the mains fuse on my Sanyo 23 inch CRT TV (model DS24425). Resistance tested okay at the fuse holder, so I replaced the fuse and it blew again. I removed the positor at PS601 on the circuit board and the TV now powers up. The color is funny. But otherwise it is working. But, I'm having trouble locating a replacement posistor. It is a 3 ohm made by Murata.
I found a 3 ohm, 125 volt Murata posistor online. But, I don't know if it is the same one that was in the TV. Do you think it will work and is it likely to solve the color problem?

Also, I unplugged the degausse coil to test the resistance at the fuse holder. Does it matter which way it plugs back in (is there a polarity on the coil?). Thanks for the help.

(This post was edited by FLL41 on Jun 10, 2007, 7:06 PM)

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2007, 12:11 AM

Post #2 of 6 (2885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FLL41] Replacement Posistor [In reply to] Can't Post

What is a positor?

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 11, 2007, 12:17 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] Replacement Posistor [In reply to] Can't Post

Just another name for a degauss PTC Paul. And yes that PTC should be OK. the trade mostly uses jenerics as they usually re1/3 the price of makers ones and often fail less.

FLL41
New User

Jun 11, 2007, 1:01 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Replacement Posistor [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply Rrobor. Now I just have to wait for the part. It's on back order.
Does it matter which way the connector for the degaussing coil plugs in to the PC board? It looks like it will connect either way and I don't remember which way it was when I unplugged it. One side of the connector looks like it was marked with a red marker.

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 11, 2007, 7:18 AM

Post #5 of 6 (2870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FLL41] Replacement Posistor [In reply to] Can't Post

My answer reminds me of Star Wars, let the force be with you, let the plug do its thing it shold be easy one way, not so much the other, but as its pure AC it doesnt matter.

FLL41
New User

Jun 11, 2007, 11:07 AM

Post #6 of 6 (2868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Replacement Posistor [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your help, Yoda.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)